Bristol walks for new mums in partnership with Carry Me Slings
Meet new friends, keep fit & discover new baby carrying skills.
Come and join us for a walk in the park, with your sling or pram around Bristol’s beautiful green spaces – in the company of trained infant carrying consultants and peer supporters.
We meet at various locations throughout Bristol several times a week. See our Facebook Page for walk updates.
Our walks last approx. 30-40 minutes long and they are all buggy friendly, with time for a cuppa and chat afterwards.
We always try to meet and end at a cafe so that you have facilities for you and your baby.
£5 a session with sling hire £3 without. Or book a term of 6 walks with sling hire for only £20
To book a Stride walk you need a group of 4 mums or more, let us know when and where you would like to do your walks and we will organise the rest.
What are the benefits?
- It’s a great opportunity to meet other mums and make new friends, as well as explore your local area.
- As you walk with your baby, you introduce them to new smells, sights and sounds in the reassuring comfort of your presence.
- Walking is a cathartic activity with many benefits such as keeping fit, feeling happier, relieving daily stresses and supporting strong mental health.
- Walking is a gentle exercise, which is perfect for mums in the postnatal period. Carrying your baby in a sling is a gentle weight bearing activity that can help postnatal posture and fitness.
- During the walk we can offer advice and support in carrying your baby in the safest and most comfortable way.
- Our mobile sling library, pre-bookable before most walks
- We are here to listen. As mothers ourselves with a host of antenatal and postnatal educational qualifications we can offer support and signpost any information you require.
Where and when?
Term time course and weekly drop in walks – please see our Facebook page for up to date information, dates & times.
Our main routes can be found below, please check our Facebook page for weekly walk releases.
Victoria Park, Bedminster
Gloucester Road & St. Andrews Park
Please note that the walks above may change due to weather conditions, please do see our social network sites for on the day updates.
Your Stride Facilitators
In Bristol you have two Stride Facilitators Katie and Louisa who will be with you throughout your walk. Qualified in Infant Carrying and specialists in the community involvement of new parents, they are available to help from start to finish. If you have any questions about the sling you are using, if you have it on correctly, how the baby is positioned or what to use next – we can help.
Katie is a qualified infant carrying specialist and has been working in this area for 6 years, she set up Carry Me Slings in 2013 and loves everything to do with slings. Katie offers private consultations for parents, runs sling libraries and workshops, spends time reviewing slings and carriers and the baby carrying community on her blog.
She has lived in Bristol for 4 years and has 2 daughters one who is 7 and the other is 4 months.
When she is not playing with slings her favourite past time is going out for a run (walking since having baby number two) and so Stride is the perfect combination.
I am an NCT antenatal teacher and breastfeeding peer supporter in South Glos and I have strong links with local birth workers and healthcare professionals.
I’ve lived back in Bristol for 10 years and I’ve got 3 kids (8, 6 and 6 months). I’m quite new to baby wearing (in a safe and comfortable way) and now I’m a bit addicted!
When I’m not running around after the kids I like to sit still in a quiet room with a hot cup of tea! Imagine that!
Where can I find more information?
Any questions for Stride? Drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Become part of our community, share your experience and follow us